Mott provides the high-strength, all-metal solution to filtration requirements for utility lines inside the wafer fab, as well as flow streams at the gas pad. Unlike the Teflon¨-based filters used historically for these applications, Mott's Utility Line and Bulk Filters are not subject to failure caused by high temperatures and pressure spikes – which would otherwise cause reduced product yield and increased service requirements.
The optimum filtration media
Mott filters are constructed with a patented sintered nickel porous media that offers unsurpassed filtration characteristics. The media is not susceptible to failure from pressure and flow fluctuations, and is ideally suited to the higher temperatures that can be encountered downstream of a purifier during a heated dry down of a gas supply system. Like all Mott High Purity filters, the Utility Line and Bulk Filters provide 9-log filtration of particles down to 0.003μm in diameter, resulting in particle-free gas. In addition, the flow versus differential pressure performance of the filter is equal or superior to the performance of competitive Teflon® products on the market today.
9 log reduction value
- Greater than 99.9999999% removal of all particles down to 0.003μm; confirmed at the most penetrating particle size of 0.08μm
Consistent operation under challenging conditions
- Operating temperatures up to 450°C (inert gas)
- Able to withstand 300 psid (3" housing) 150 psid (6" housing) differential pressure at 20°C (inert)
- Maximum inlet pressure rated at 300 psi/1200 psi (high-pressure)
- All units are He leak-rated at maximum 1 x 10-9 atm cc/sec
- Parts per trillion dry down achievable
- >1 trillion particles retained at twice the rated flow with zero particles detected downstream of tested filters
- Recommended for use with all process gases – 100% 316L stainless steel and nickel filter elements are available
Rugged, high-quality construction
- 10 Ra surface finish on all internal hardware components
- Our media is sintered with no binders or slurry so "the only material of construction of the media is the media."
- Optimized filtration area maintains specified particle retention at controlled pressure drop
- All-welded construction assures elimination of out-gassing due to polymer seats and structures
Clean start-to-finish packaging
- Preconditioned with pulsed clean dry nitrogen at >200ˇC
- Class 100 clean room double-bagged – internal bag is Nylon 6, outer bag is poly
- Bulk filters are shipped in wooden crates for added protection
GasShield® bulk filters consist of manifolded filter elements within 3" or 6" housings – 100% metal construction through-and-through – to sustain high flow rates, high pressures and corrosive gases for many years with 9-log filtration efficiency.